1/2 Can of Corned Beef
2 x Oxo Cubes
This recipe will serve two people for a tea size portion, My mum simply doubles the recipe when shes feeding the four of us.
1. Fill the kettle with 250 mls of water. Pour the water in the pan and put on highest heat so it is boiling.
2. Chop all vegetables into small chunks and put into pan.
3. Crumble to 2 oxo cubes into the pan, and stir.
4. Reduce heat to just above simmering (3).
5. Remove corned beef from tin, and chop into chunks.
6. Once the veg has been simmering for approximately 10 mins, add corned beef.
7. Turn down to simmering (2)
8. Stir every 10 minutes, to ensure it does not stick to the pan.
9. I usually leave mine for at least one hour, usually and hour and a half. It will thicken on standing.
10. Get a giant dollop of beetroot chutney on the side, I love Mrs Darlington's it is simply the best and you are ready to serve!
Let my know if you try this recipe, I love it and my mum makes it on a weekly basis. It is incredibly simple but so yummy, and it is healthy and contains barely any calories.