I have had such a disaster making these. It all started when a rather blonde Lucy, did not think and picked up pink and white marshmallows, heads up just buy white. It turned into a rather lovely shade of - snot. So mum to the rescue she picked me up some white marshmallows on the way home. Here is how to make them correctly...
3 tablespoons of butter
300g of WHITE marshmallows
6 cups of rice krispies
green food colouring
decorations of your choice..
1. Place butter in pan, and melt on a low heat.
2. Add half of the marshmallows and stir.
3, Add the other half of the marshmallows, still on a low heat and leave to melt, stirring when necessary.
4. Add enough green food colouring until you have your desired shade.
5. Take pan off heat.
6. Grease your hands and spoon with a little butter.
7. Take a handful of mixture and start to form into your desired tree shape.
8 Add 2 rolos to the bottom of each tree, attach with a little icing.
9. Place on greaseproof paper to harden.
10. Leave for an hour.
11. Now to time decorate with whatever you have in your baking box!
I told you it is simple, however the marshmallow mixture can get extremely sticky so make sure you grease your hands as I ended up in a big marshmallow mess at one point. This should have been an extremely easy bake but into turned into a five hour process. Note to self - don't try and bake again!